Covenant Inner Healing and Deliverance.

In reference to yesterday’s post entitled “an example of knowing Jesus.” It is my sincere hope that many will read this account and give serious thought as well as prayer after reading Scott’s account of a session. The sharing of these healings is not for sensationalism, entertainment or to postulate some new theology. But to point out some facts about needs in Christians lives that may or may not ever be brought out because too much of Christianity is stuck on Disney like cool aide that a Christian cannot have an unclean spirit within. I sincerely hope this offends your theology.

This will in no way be a concise teaching but one that will hopefully explain the reality of a close walk with our Lord Jesus Christ. Let me begin with 1 Thessalonians 5:23. Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wholly sanctified, that is their whole being—spirit, soul, and body. The power for this comes from the Person of the Holy Spirit. We are tri-part beings despite what theologians with pointy hats and pointy bears have to say. Our personal spirit is awakened unto the Holy Spirit when we are born again; it is the way God speaks to us. Spirit to spirit. Our soul is elements of our mind, will and emotions. Our bodies are the tent in which our soul and spirit live.  We can have splits in our soul caused by trauma. These splits can be alternate personalities formed to protect us. Demons can and do attack and control these alters and they can and do bring spirit of infirmity to further torment or kill.

tripart

I will quote Scott in his opening remarks “Ministering Inner Healing and Deliverance, you’ll run into people that have “lost time” in their lives. Somewhere in our mid-thirties up to middle age, the memories of bits and pieces of childhood traumas may start to surface, and those memories can become debilitating. The ability to disassociate from the memories seems to help us cope for only so long.”

The term disassociate is a term used to describe a separate mental and emotional identity when a person’s mind has fractured into one or more alternate personalities. This can occur when a trauma, physical abuse such as horrors of rape, incest, molestation resulting in an overwhelming emotion or pain that the core person can’t handle.

The creation of an alter is not a disorder, but a gift from God to protect us from going over into insanity and have no way back. And alters purpose is to hold the emotion or pain so the core person can continue to function. They become protectors of the core person’s personality.

People with dissociation are commonly highly intelligent, they have to be to. Those with 5,10,or more personalities must be bright to keep all of them straight. Some effects of dissociation are depression, cutting, or self harm (Gadarene demonic) constant fear, anxiety, or rage, voices, and emotional overreaction. People can stay in an altered state for just a moment, a day, or years. If there is a loss of time, this would be a good indicator of dissociation. Trauma bonds to time.

To quote Scott again: “I worked for a bit to get Johns wounds healed, but got nowhere because each time we got close, the demon put him to sleep. I finally asked Jesus to tell the demon that was causing all these problems to come up and face me.” Here is where the reality of a relationship with Jesus comes to help us and the people we are praying for. When we are faced with no answers or are stalemated we “simply ask Jesus to help us.”

What is going on here? Scott was hindered by a demon who had control over the core personality as well as his alters. Hence he would sleep and stop healing and deliverance. Here is where one learns about that fact that you cannot cast out an altar, it is not a demon. Many including myself have tried.

Continuing: John’s hands relaxed, his arms stopped shaking, he sat straight up in his chair, stared straight at me, and in the deepest, most evil voice you can imagine growled, “I’m Death and I’m going to kill him!”

The demon of Death was tormenting the little multiple personality created by the trauma. I got the demon off that multiple personality. How? Hebrews 4:12. For the word of God is living and powerful, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. We separate the soul from the spirit by dividing them in a command according to Scripture.

The demon is separated and bound allowing Scott to bring John to the area of healing the trauma. Scott then cast out the demon of death. The proof of all this is the man sat up, was calm, relaxed, and speaking normally.

So here we see that in our soul we can in fact have an un-clean spirit in residence. Healing is the main concern for without being addressed, do not pray simply to cast out a demon because if the wound is not healed they will return. Inner healing works with deliverance to bring a house cleaning that pleases our Lord.

The beauty of this method is that it works with fruit manifested. Scott teaches that as the person walks in the healing the Holy Spirit will bring things up that the person can  pray with our Lord  and deal with any other wounds and demons. Some doubt these things I leave you with a Scripture I have used many times. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8. I would say this, who knows better than the person of the Holy Spirit what has happened in a person’s life than Him. Only He can take us back to bring healing and deliverance to us. The thing that is most important is when we ask, He will bring healing to all who are in need. It is proof of a living relationship with our risen savior. Glory to God for His presence and love.

All comments welcomed.

Advertisements

Jul 26, 2013 @ 01:16:50

“But to point out some facts about needs in Christians lives that may or may not ever be brought out because too much of Christianity is stuck on Disney like cool aide that a Christian cannot have an unclean spirit within. I sincerely hope this offends your theology.”

Hi Manny.

I have no reason to doubt Scott’s testimony. However, at this point in my understanding, I am one of those who believe that a demon (if this is what you mean by an unclean spirit) cannot live in a true Christian.

I’m not an expert in this area, so I read a little bit on both opinions. My study was by no means exhaustive.

The article that best lines up with what I believe can be found here:

I am not offended that we appear to disagree on this subject. We are brothers in Christ, and that will never change.

God’s blessings…

• Mannyr
      Jul 26, 2013 @ 13:42:34

Chris, i can always count on you to speak what is in your heart, thanks. As you say we can appear to disagree, but our hearts are knit in true Christian love one for another. i have gone down this road reluctantly knowing it would bring a form of discord. Not what i am about. On the other hand i have been privileged to experience first hand the active work of the Holy Spirit in many lives and desire for many to be brought out of bondage. I would guess 75% of the body of Christ has no need for such release, but speaking as one who has benefitted from this i used the opportunity to present it hopefully in a way to stir questioning. Far too many sit in bondage to the terror of the evil one. God is greater.

Blessings in Jesus name.
      Manny

Jul 26, 2013 @ 15:39:25

Thank you for your kind response, Manny.

1 John 5:19 states:

“We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.”

I agree with the quote in the link above. It states:

“The Scripture does not teach that a Christian can be possessed by a demon.”

I know that you have no intentions of creating discord. You are only trying to share your beliefs and experiences with others. It is an admirable goal.

I hope you have a great day in the Lord, my friend…

3. Delight in Truth
    Jul 27, 2013 @ 01:49:24

Manny, I also have some concerns about the story. First of all, I think a spiritual deliverance took place but there are some unsettling aspects about it and I will try to line them up with Scripture. I have been following you for a while and I realize you are very true to Scripture in your approach to things, so I will voice my concerns hoping to generate constructive discussion.

First, the actual crimes that took place. The murder of that girl and the rape. These are extraordinary claims which may have happened, but there is no indication that an investigation took place, especially if John’s father is still alive or John remembers the other persons involved, especially the identity of the girl who was murdered. I am surprised Scott did not follow up on this or at least relate the case to the authorities to investigate. At least a missing person’s database should be consulted.

Could these have been events that demonic oppression placed in JOhn’s head, without having happened in real life? I think it is possible.

Given my medical background, I have seen in my psychiatry experience in med school (not too extensive) severe depression with psychotic features. Depression which I think has tremendous spiritual implications and oppression can cause patients to have delusions, hallucinations, etc…

Another area of concern is Scott’s provocation towards the demon. We have biblical precedent of people speaking to the demon in a demonized person, but Scott said that he told Jesus to bring up the demon to face Scott. This part I do not get. I do not think we are called to do such thing. I am nitty gritty because I want to stick to Scripture. The demon can be cast out in the name of Jesus, that is what Jesus said. The actual engagement by Scott goes beyond that. I read some other stories on his site and they are leaning toward sensationalism. Why tell Jesus to bring up the demon to face Scott? These are tiny details that can derail the authenticity of the story.

Just like you I strongly believe that demonic possession and oppression exists today and deliverance of such happens. Even Christians can have some influence in their lives, however, just like Chris, I do not think a Christian can have a demon in them because of Romans 8:16-17. Those who have not yet come to Christ can be possessed and they need deliverance. For Christians, demonic influence is up for debate in the setting sin, disobedience, etc.

Anyways, I am just generating some discussion, let me know what you think about my concerns.

• Mannyr
      Jul 27, 2013 @ 13:39:48

Delight, i want to thank you and Chris for your comments, they are well received. I value our friendship as brothers in the Lord very much. I will reply but I must beg of for time of prayer. I sincerely appreciate both your comments.i am grateful for a platform in which we can discuss things of the kingdom.

• Mannyr
        Jul 28, 2013 @ 17:23:48

Chris, thank you for your willingness to share your family needs. I am saddened by the radio persons remarks, but unfortunately some folks should pray more for wisdom from above. Also my heart goes out to your brother and your sister as well your entire family on behalf of this horror. let me say in my own family, there has been far too much mental illness. My dear mother suffered from Bi-polar disorder her entire adult life. I will leave off some pertinent facts until later to say that she was confined to a California State Mental hospital for four years, my grandmother and I visited her by train during her stay. As a prescribed treatment she received electro-shock therapy during her stay, over two hundred such treatments. In my mothers family she is the last girl of seven, five of my aunts suffered various forms of Mi. I had one aunt who was lobotomized, i only knew her after the fact.
        Chris, the main reason these posts are up is, because I have been privileged to see the Holy Spirit bring healing in many areas of MI. This is not to boast or bragg but to offer help.In my mothers case she was on Meds her entire life afterwards. She functioned well and had a good life. in my teen years she fell off and reverted back, and my step dad was greatly distressed by her condition. He spent thousands of dollars and was deeply frustrated with Doctors. I added to his strees when I told him he would have to take my mother to court and have her readmitted to the State hospital where they had her records. He was upset with me for awhile until he went to court. Her stay the second time lasted six months.

Chris, I have had the privilege of praying with a women of God who had suffered from paranoid schizophrenia, and was on Meds. The Holy Spirit healed her and she went on to teach school her hearts desire. She was told by me never stop taking your MEDS UNTIL YOUR DOCTOR SAYS STOP! God is not fearful of having a doctor say, well your not needing those anymore. Seventeen years of Meds. Glory to God! He is still in the healing business.

I only say this because I have taken the long way around the barn until enlightenment has come to me from above. I used to counsel for years, when I was introduced to Scott’s method (not his on but a mix of many proven methods he freely admits this) then I stopped counseling and went to teaching this method. As far as counseling is concerned much is behaviour modification at best—behaviour’s need to meet the cross of Christ.

Chris, i am adding your brother to my prayer list.

This is an awesome platform for decent exchange of Christian values and practices. Glory to God!

• Chris
          Jul 29, 2013 @ 03:39:13

Thank you for your prayers, Manny.

I have told my schizophrenic friends the same thing you have, that they should take their meds until a good doctor says otherwise.

Honestly, I think if one were to look deep enough, each family is affected by mental illness in some way. It appears that both of our Mothers’ families were particularly distressed. Your mother is in my prayers. She has been through more than any person should ever have to experience.

I, like you, think that the best behavior modification is a relationship with the God of the Bible.

Thank you for offering your blog as a place where this discussion could occur.

God is in the healing business. To Him be all glory and honor.

God’s blessings…

• Mannyr
            Jul 29, 2013 @ 15:15:43

Chris, i apologise for not writing more clearly, my mother is in heaven. I sincerely appreciate your generosity in wanting to pray for her. Please forgive me for not being clear.

• Chris
      Jul 28, 2013 @ 01:19:03

Hi Delight.

I appreciate your concerns and, given your medical and spiritual background, I think you lend credibility to this discussion.

I may “say” more on the subject after Manny replies. I will, however, share my personal story, much of which Manny is aware.

Mental illness runs in my family so I am familiar with those who hear voices. My brother suffers from schizophrenia. It has been a life-long challenge to keep him on his medications. He was a young man with great promise. He graduated from the Air Force Academy as his illness was coming on. He was eventually diagnosed and put in a hospital for treatment. I visited him in the hospital. It was a sad day, except that he was carrying his Bible.

My sister attempts to take him for his monthly shots. We make sure that he gets them. He is living with my parents and doing quite well. He studies his Bible and is interested in learning the Hebrew and the Greek. He is very smart.

The problem…he heard a preacher on the radio say that there was no need for medication. At the time, he was driving and playing on the church softball team and doing very well. As a result of the radio broadcast (we think), he ran away and was off of his medication for two years. Needless to say, unrepairable damage was done.

Manny is aware that I suffer from anxiety and depression. I have mild cases but fought medication until I was 50. I now take very small doses of two medications which are prescribed by a Christian P.A.

I have never heard voices, fortunately. I love my brother and try and converse with him each time I visit my parents. At one time, I thought he may have had a demon in him. But, as he carries his Bible around and reads it all of the time, I’m pretty certain that he is not possessed.

Like you “I strongly believe that demonic possession and oppression exists today and deliverance of such happens.”

I’ve written enough. All that’s left to “say” are the infamous (?) words from Norman Dale, the coach in the movie “Hoosiers:”

“I love you guys!”

• Delight in Truth
        Jul 28, 2013 @ 01:38:18

Thanks for opening up Chris. I think that psychiatric illness (severe cases) can be explained by neurotransmitter problems and deficiency to a large extent. But we also find lots of passages in the Bible hinting to spiritual causes. Many of these causes have nothing to do with demons, but with lack of trust for instance.

This of course is not mutually exclusive from demonic influence or possession.

I pray that your brother will have victory against his illness, and that you stay strong in the LORD.

God bless you guys and Manny too!

• Chris
          Jul 28, 2013 @ 04:17:47

Thank you for your kind words and your prayers, Delight.

I try and share my situation with many whom I meet at the center. This is such a confusing issue to many. I don’t have all of the answers, but I tell folks whom I think need to be on medication to find a good, Christian doctor.

Others, of course, are over-medicated or are self-medicating. Many are on illegal drugs. As you well know, Satan uses illegal drugs as a gateway into the occult.

I have run across a few severe cases of psychiatric illness in my work. It helps to have a bit of experience in this area.

About 3 years ago someone came in and I knew immediately that she was schizophrenic. She had a baby with her and hadn’t been on medication for who knows how long. The center helped her get a psych evaluation and she is taking her meds religiously today.

She just moved into public housing with her two kids and she attends church once in a while. We stay in contact with her as she is in need of diapers quite often. You should see this woman’s Bible! She goes through a huge study Bible every two years.

She is an amazing story of how God can work in a life. She was a prostitute who was being used by a landlord in a very cruel way. She sold herself to pay for her bills and worked in his rundown buildings to pay for rent (I have no problem with the working part, but he was abusive.). As far as I know, she is no longer prostituting herself.

Another case was very confusing for me. I think the young lady may have had some sort of demonic influence. We lost track of her. She had also been diagnosed as a schizophrenic..

I know I am a sinner by nature (“All men have sinned…”). It is hard to know, however, when it is anxiety and when it is lack of trust. I have memorized and teach courses containing trust related Bible verses. It is helpful to me and others.

I could make it without my doctor, but I would be lost without God.

It’s nice to have a good Christian doctor though.

God’s blessings…

4. kingintraining
    Aug 13, 2013 @ 08:01:35

This is very interesting – I have always been taught that alters are demons, but you give a fresh perspective. This is the second account I have read of God creating an alter for a Christian – it is found on lessonsbyheart WP blog. Maybe have a read and see how she described her experience! Very interesting. God surprises me with His different methods of gentleness.

• Mannyr
      Aug 13, 2013 @ 18:21:42

Thanks for the info i will check it out. BTW have you checked out Scott Bitcon’s site? I have a link to it on the main page.

• Mannyr
      Jan 09, 2014 @ 03:06:02

Kingintraining, thanks for the links to lessonsbyheart.wordpress.com. I finally got around to looking them up, they are great info for all who would look to them for a valid testimony.

5. kingintraining
    Aug 14, 2013 @ 11:10:45

Not yet, I will go look today!

6. Mannyr
    Aug 20, 2013 @ 20:35:08

kingintraining, did you have a look? What do you think about it?

7. The Lazurus Project
    Jul 10, 2014 @ 20:44:43

This issue has divided believers for years.

Chris’ comment was “The Scripture does not teach that a Christian can be possessed by a demon.”, True. However neither do the scriptures teach that a Christian cannot be occupied by a demon in some way,

Many years ago a wise Christian leader put down a formula we might consider. “Where the Scripture speaks, we speak. Where the scripture is silent, we are silent.”

If we followed this good counsel, much disharmony and debate could be avoided, which does our cause no good and much harm. (See John 13:34,35 and John 17″21,22)

How does arguing over this help us fulfill our mission to be the light of the world? How does it help us complete the great commission or to obey Christ’s new covenant command, “Love one another as i have loved you… By this everyone will recognize you as my disciples?” (john 13:34,35)

Love to all,

Wade

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )