“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8,9 NKJV.
We need to think beyond our ways. God reminds us that His ways and thoughts are unfathomably beyond ours. It’s good to remember that when interceding –for the lost, or for seemingly impossible situations.
In that light, we need to remember:
- Light is more powerful than darkness.
- Truth is stronger than error.
- There’s more grace in God’s heart than sin in men’s hearts.
- There’s more power in the Holy Spirit to convict men of sin than there is power of satanic forces to tempt men to sin.
- There’s more power in one drop of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus to cleanse men’s hearts from the stain of sin than there is in the accumulated filth of men’s sin since Adam and Eve.